No products in the cart.

Home Forums Sidecars Sidecar Chat Biggles is barking mad for riding sidecar

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Box.a.Bits 2 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Biggles the dog is always barking mad for a ride in owner Jeff Lilley’s home-made, flame-adorned, motorbike sidecar.

The pair were “training” at the weekend to join other scooter riders later this year in a trip through the Southern Alps to raise money for the Cancer Society.

The ride is special for Lilley, who has completed three of the biennial Tranz Alpine Scooter Safaris from Hokitika to Christchurch as a tribute to his late wife, Cathy.

Jim Lilley and his side car companion Biggles are in training to do their bit in the fight against cancer.
    STACY SQUIRES/FAIRFAX NZ
    Jim Lilley and his side car companion Biggles are in training to do their bit in the fight against cancer.

She died after a battle with breast cancer in 2008.

Lilley said his 2-year-old jack russell and bichon frise cross dog would lap up the chance to travel to the West Coast.

“Biggles would never miss out on a ride,” Lilley said.

“I’ve done something every year in her [Cath’s] memory. She’ll be sitting up there smiling. She’ll be watching me suffer and of course she’ll be smiling. It’s done in her memory – or was originally. In reality, it’s for my daughter, my grand-daughter, my nieces and my sister-in-law.”

Lilley and “his lordship” enjoyed hitting the road for regular cruises in the sidecar he built himself. Saturday’s sunshine provided perfect conditions for a “joy ride”.

“Every ride is a training ride of some sort,” he said.

Tranz Alpine Scooter Safari organisers said a date would be set for the event in either late August or September.

Box.a.Bits
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW Supertanker, R80 & Velorex Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

Awesome!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.