fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Bmw 1999 f650 coolant leak.

Home Forums Bikes BMW Bmw 1999 f650 coolant leak.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant
    • Bike: DL1000A

Hi, probably posting this in wrong place.
    Dropped my bike yesterday while doing a skills course. Full lock turn and stalled. Gotta learn about momentum and gravity somehow ehhh.
    Not long after i noticed coolant coming out the weep hole. I suspect the drop, gentle as it was, knocked something. I canned the course and headed home.
    Getting home it was fair pouring out.
    Googling seems to indicate a waterpump seal has gone.
    Is there anyone in the Wairarapa who has done this repair themselves. And if so would you mind letting me know the best place for parts, and would you be happy to stand behind me while i did the removal/install.
    I have only had the bike 3m and trying to do what i can myself if possible.
    Thanks
    Sean

xrjuice
    Participant

Hi Sean, Get the parts and give it ago, fixing leaky seals is very satisfying, i havent done a f650 before but after a quick google its not that different from many others. Xjrider has some good pics, http://www.xjrider.com/viewtopic.php?t=314
    Ive done plenty of waterpumps and im just over the hill in Upper Hutt, if you need a hand let me know, theres also plenty of bmw guys around so im sure someone else will chime in.
    Make sure to get all the parts (might come as a kit) including clutch cover gasket, shaft,bearing and seals tend to wear out together.
    Good luck
    Richard

xrjuice
    Participant

p.s.
    Jason at Sargents is a great parts guy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.