fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

BMW 750GS or Yamaha Tracer 09GT or Triumph Tiger 900GT ProT

Home Forums Bikes BMW BMW 750GS or Yamaha Tracer 09GT or Triumph Tiger 900GT ProT

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence Lewis
    Participant
    • Bike: Yamaha MT07 Tracer

Hi Everyone,
    I am considering a new bike, I currently have a 2019 Yamaha Tracer MT07 Lams. Its a great bike but lacks some of the nice technology things I would like. I am now on a full licence and am considering the 3 bikes in the title. My riding for this bike will be mostly, open roads, weekend rides, dirt roads. Its a pleasure bike not a commuter and probably wont go beyond the North Island, it won’t be doing any dirt tracks, I have a TW200 for that fun which is like a go anywhere tractor. I read mixed reviews in the blogs of the BMW 750GS having Engine problems(Chinese motor I think), noisy engines etc, its a concern… I would like cruise control, I have a good throttle lock on my current bike but its a compromise and just good enough to take your hand off the accelerator to let the blood circulate. The choice of these bikes is around size and height(I am 172cm), I don’t want to be on tip toes. Any feedback and thoughts on these would be great, my lean is towards the BMW, then the Yamaha then the Tiger. Your experience/s will be valued.
    Cheers,
    Lawrence.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Interesting choices, the Tracer stands out as a road bike amongst 2 adventure models. With the BMW and Triumph having 19″ front wheels they should deal with potholes and the generally rougher nature of unsealed roads better than the Yamaha with it’s 17 inch front wheel. It also looks like the BMW and Triumph have some sort of bash plate to stop stones hitting the bottom of the motor which the Yamaha does not.

Beyond that ride them all and buy the one that makes you grin most.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.