fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

BMW g650 xchallenge (because X)

Home Forums Bikes BMW BMW g650 xchallenge (because X)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

<cite>@Facebook – scott.baxter.7165 said:</cite>
    Ian Reed and Darren Godden both have X challenges. They make me want to get one. Much faster than my bike. They are on the FB site adv ride nz.

Hi Scott, i just happen to know of an xchallenge in good knick for lowest price ive ever seen one for at 6500. 29000km, shop serviced at boyds, hamilton. Ive ridden it and motor/trans/brake system is strong and solid. Just needs new tyres and bath unless i sell him mine. Anyone else interested just contact me here or fb.

Pablo Sosa
    Participant

hey Stefan! nice looking X … mine is not looking so nice with all the mud 😀

Short Skill Drill on The X (or lack of it)

Pablo Sosa
    Participant

Is it possibly top embed u tube here?

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

<cite> @Pablo_Sosa said:</cite>

Hey Pablo, I’ve tried by clicking the ‘link’ button and entering the hyperlink but didn’t work. Then I just cut and pasted the link right here and it seems to work fine! So try that perhaps? Curious what u want to show…

Pablo Sosa
    Participant

nothing much, a short vid I made. The link worked if I tried it but sometimes is nicer to have it embedded. Alternatively you can copy and past the following URL https://youtu.be/yIwejYRgkmQ

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

@Pablo_Sosa said:

Yes, in Youtube click on Share, then Embed and copy the code supplied and paste it in here.

zaTTaz
    Participant
    • Bike: CBR250RR, DR350, WR450

Noice! Great looking bikes those.

Dave Bradshaw
    Participant

Hi guys, I’ve just sold my Dakar and am keen to look at an xchallenge…does anyone know of any out there in the $6-7k range?
    Cheers Dave

Dave Bradshaw
    Participant

I’m in ChCh and the Hamilton one above is long gone by the sounds….

Pablo Sosa
    Participant

there was a XChallange and XCountry combo on Tardme, not sure if still there today

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

The Xcountry was gone but he was still listing a XChallenge, DR650, and KTM 620 Adventure.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/dual-purpose/auction-898736004.htm

Dave Bradshaw
    Participant

Awesome, thanks guys…

octopusenvy
    Participant

Sorry for late reply, im out of the country on a waka but there’s a guy i know in Northland selling an xchallenge. Its about 30k and in ok shape. needed new tyres but ran well and strong. He was after 7grand. I live up there so happy to help out if i can.

My x is my go-to bike for anything other than road. Hope the winter riding is good, missing the bikes!
    Jef

xdodox (R.I.P)
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW G650 X-Challenge

Hi guys.
    Bought yesterday a G650 X-challenge as well. Nice bike. Hope i will not repent it.
    Is everyone happy about the rear air shock?
    Daniel

Pablo Sosa
    Participant

Hi Daniel,

Nice, but remember not pics it didn’t happen 😀

The air shock was Ok, I’ve used it for 60K+, then changed it to Hyperpro which I like more. However I wouldn’t say its must change item then again its a personal opinion. For instance most people change the seat and for me the seat is just fine (I stand most of the time, except on the road :D)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.