fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

BMW R75/6 Rig with cosy Rocket sidecar

Home Forums Sidecars Show us your sidecar BMW R75/6 Rig with cosy Rocket sidecar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Coriman
    Participant

[attachment=59]Hi I have just joined this sight as a member. I put together this BMW rig in April. I built a full subframe as the R75/6 has a very light rear frame.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Not sure what happened to your pic there Coriman.

I’m looking at getting a subframe made for my R80, it’s an ’86 and apparently they aren’t as strong as the earlier frames. Are you able to post up some pics of your subframe?

Coriman
    Participant

I can do that, when I work out what went wrong with my post and picture thing I will try again.
    The R69 had a purpose built frame for sidecars with fully welded large diameter heavy tube to the rear frame. Subsequent models had a bolt on rear section with small diameter tube to the rear shocks, so you can,t bolt onto the rear frame without strengthening it. I designed and built my own subframe kit for twin shock models, but I assume your bike has a single shock, which would probably change some of what I have done.
    [hr]

:huh:I will start again with this photo of my outfit

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Yeah mines a singleshock, but I’m just as interested in what you did at the front and how and where you ran the subframe from front to back.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I showed your pic to my mate Pete, who lives with Hugh Anderson Junior. Junior remembers the bike as he did many many miles on the back of it behind Hugh senior.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.