Team Buffoon’s Cagiva Elefant

Forums Forums Bikes Cagiva Team Buffoon’s Cagiva Elefant

This topic contains 27 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Hi I am after a Cagiva Elefant. Preferably a 750 but a 900 otherwise. Was one on TMe recently but it has dropped off the radar and the seller is not answering his phone.

Edit: Got one now, see page 2

Removed User

Good luck with that one!

Attachments:

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Yea both in finding one and owning one I suspect!

Mates in the UK have owned (and still do) both the 750 and 900 and speak highly of them. That is nothing more than a bit of greenlining and the rest on road. Not too many horrors. We will see, I will probably do my usual and buy a complete Friday afternoon special if I ever find one!

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Why the 750 over the 900? besides the 150cc what other differences are there?

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Well the main thing is the weight. I am hoping to use it certainly on gravel and also some more adventurous offroad stuff, nothing too mad mind. Just usual Adventure ride territory. Google tells me that they get heavier as time goes on. Elefant 750 188kg, 900 204kg, Grand Canyon 216kg. You could probably shed a lot of weight off a GC by ditching all that bodywork etc but then it becomes yet another project rather than a daily rider.
    750 supposed to be smoother and also more economic.
    750 has carbs whereas 900 has injection. Carbs just one less thing to go wrong on an Italian bike of that era!
    Of course with the added cc and weight you do get more power.
    Quite like the idea of a completely Ducati shed, well apart from the latest arrival a Green KDX200. Went out to Woodhill yesterday what fun but I have never been so knackered in my life and stiff this morning or what. Need to get in training for the thing.

Anyway got to find an Elefant for sale first.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@Team Buffoon said:
    Anyway got to find an Elefant for sale first.

Found one yet? did you sell the R80?

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Yes R80 Sold to a chap in Auckland who already had an older road going BM. He seemed happy.

No sign of an ELefant yet. The possible Grand Canyon mentioned on Kiwi Biker turned out to be a Suzuki engine Cagiva so not what I was after. Left another message on Tme seller’s phone but no response and bike has not been relisted.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Oh Eddie! I had just about convinced myself that I didn’t want one and that a DR650 was the way to go again.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Yeah I thought that might upset things a little.

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Sent them an email but never heard back from them…phew!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

They are cool. If I ever win lotto I think one of those would have to be in the collection.

Team Buffoon
    Participant

So look what you have started Eddie! I flicked them another email and they say they have sold it. That made me dig around in my old notebook and I found a couple of numbers.
    A 900 with carbs I have looked at before and was on TMe MIGHT be for sale, I am waiting for a call back.
    The other one I think was a 750, the owner has three! A 750 for his missus, a 900 for road and a 900 for offroad – verging on greedy! He had moved to Napier area from Auckland and had gone sailing up the islands, now his phone is disconnected so unless I get lucky with finding him again that is gone unless he relists it somewhere.
    Updates to follow!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Shame you don’t have pics

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Ah well I do, let’s see if I can work out how to post them.
    First one is the 750, owned by the sailor moved to Napier area and the second is the 900 that I am waiting for a call back on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.