Team Buffoon’s Cagiva Elefant

Forums Forums Bikes Cagiva Team Buffoon’s Cagiva Elefant

This topic contains 27 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Team Buffoon
    Participant

And if this doesn’t get your juices flowing in Adventure bike world then you must look at things way differently than I do, sex on wheels!

Link here to Bike Exif where there are more pics and a write up.

Cagiva Elefant 906 SP

Attachments:

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Just rode home from Pukekoe on a 1994 750, looks good in the shed. Rides very nicely, very stable at slow speeds, hardly any vibration, enough power (not excessive but enough I think). Had a false start as I had only 20 mins of riding done when it intermittently turned into a 375 single. Limped back to Puke and the previous owner swapped out the plugs and then he saw that he had forgotten to hook up three pipes from the fuel pump to the inlet manifold and the two carbs. Pump runs off the induction. With a full tank perhaps it was siphoning to start with?? Anyway went the long way home and 150km of smooth riding followed. Nice. Looking forward to trying some gravel soon. Photos to follow.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

That’s long enough, where are the pics?

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Old pics from the vendor been too wet to get out and take some of my own so far.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Nice, I expect new pics every time you take a bit off and get underneath it.

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Oh come on you could at least wait for it to break down before you start extracting the Michael!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I wasn’t taking the piss, I meant if you are doing any maintenance, changing air filter, oil etc.

Team Buffoon
    Participant

Sorry Eddie, guess I was just bracing for all the non-believers to chip in!

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

Friend of mine picked up a 900 Elefant in California, pristine, for $1500. He was bored of it within a month, but then he wasn’t really riding much. But that price! I’d fully ride a 750 instead of an expensive old Africa Twin that everyone else would throw their 1st born at…I think they are very similar bikes to ride, though I’ve only been on the AT and not a 750. Looks like an interesting option for more comfortable gravel touring. How much did you pay, if you don’t mind me asking and with how many kms? Hopefully he didn’t know you were pining for one for so long! Keep us informed and enjoy.

Team Buffoon
    Participant

$4k with 35k kms. It needs a good service and the clutch is slipping a bit when you give it a leading elbow but otherwise good and I am happy with it. feels comfortable on the gravel even though it has road biassed tyres on at the moment.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Clutch plates should be easy to get shouldn’t they, same as 900ss?

P.S. Now that you have one I’ve moved this thread to the Ducati section.

Team Buffoon
    Participant

OKEDOKEY. The 750 Elefants have a 5 speed box with wet clutch and the 900 have six speed box with dry plates. But no should not be a drama I just need to find the time to pull it apart and see what’s what and I guess the plates are the same as a 750SS but need to research that as well. Have been advised it could be a notchy clutch basket caused by too many wheelies as I call them or wheelstands as they are known in NZ. It’s a cover off and a poke around and see what I find.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@team-buffoon, hows the elefant going?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.