No products in the cart.

Home Forums Other stuff Off-topic Cake, The next big social network?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 3 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Believe it or not this actually has an adventure riding connection.

‘Baldy’ a founder of fatbrain.com, which was sold to Barnes and Noble in 2000 for $64 million, also main founder of photo hosting site smugmug.com and more notably for us the founder and owner of advrider.com is building a new social network, with connections based on interests rather than your friends and family named Cake.

The temporary front page for Cake states

Social

Social media apps are organized around your friends and family, but friends and family don’t always share your interests.

Interest

We’re building a modern, beautiful place to have troll-free conversations about the things that interest you, whether that’s ’65 Mustangs, knitting, or the latest season of House of Cards.

OldBeer
    Participant
    • Bike: DL650, DRZ250, CB500X

Interesting.
    He would be a fascinating guy to talk to or to just listen to
    Does he ever come to NZ?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I read some of this today. An informal interview/set of questions answered by Baldy. If you have any knowledge of IT history it’s amazing where he has been involved. It’s interspersed with other comments so you have to hunt through the next 10 pages or so to find all of Baldy’s answers.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4837287

I haven’t listened to it yet but apparently episode 440 at this link has interviews with Eric Buell and Baldy (Chris MacAskill). The episodes aren’t listed in order so I found episode 440 on page 8.

Sidestand Up Podcast

OldBeer
    Participant
    • Bike: DL650, DRZ250, CB500X

I spent about two hours reading some of the thread, very interesting man. Don’t feel I need to go and hear him speak now!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Cake.co has launched and I was given Beta access to it, basically because I was cheeky enough to ask for it.

Here’s a podcast interview with Chris MacAskill on what Cake is about and where Cake is going.
    https://thisweekinphoto.com/chris-macaskill-serves-up-cake/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.