fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

can anyone suggest a wind shield/screen to fit a 83 xt6oo teneree?

Home Forums General Discussion Buy and Sell can anyone suggest a wind shield/screen to fit a 83 xt6oo teneree?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tikitour
    Participant

and will it make much difference on the open road? cheers.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Hi tikitour

Maybe this design for the DR650 could be altered to fit, you make it yourself. I have ridden a DR650 fitted with one and it worked really well.

https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/forums/topic/dr650-6-windscreen/

I don’t have the gear to make one for my DR but would shout some beers if anyone was making one and could do 1 more for me.

tikitour
    Participant

thanks for that im going to see a plastics guy tomorrow to bounce some ideas around, mite do it my self?

zaTTaz
    Participant
    • Bike: CBR250RR, DR350, WR450

How are you getting on with this? Any progress? Interested to see what you come up with.

petez1
    Participant

Hi Tikitour. The UK Tenere site speak very highly of the “Eagle screens Australia” replacement screens. They have a lot of standard and adjusted designs on their website. Based in western Australia so I suspect the freight cost would make them less than affordable but at least the exchange rate isn’t too bad at the moment? I certainly considered them for my 3AJ but ended up inheriting a carbon fibre screen and realised the fairing on my bike eliminated the need for a bigger screen?

tikitour
    Participant

will check it out thanks pete, and taz no progress yet have much around a bit with some cardboard templates but no happy yet, will keep ya posted.
    Cheers boys!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.