fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Canterbury Rides

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Brent Walker 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Going for a ride in Cantebury? Post your plans here so other local riders can join in.

To get a notification every time someone posts in this thread press the subscribe button at the top of the first post on the page.

partha jupudi
    Participant

Any one keen to go for a ride this weekend??

Garry Williams
    Participant

Sunday 4 December a few of us meeting at the ‘Peg’, main road Belfast for 9:30 am ride up to Cheviot to spend up in their cafes. Coastal route up, inland route back, don’t care what you ride as long as you don’t mind a bit of gravel and the odd creek crossing. If you were in Christchurch 5 years ago you will remember that many people came to help our earthquake recovery process. It’s our turn to help people and businesses in North Canterbury.

Garry Williams
    Participant

If you’re starting north of Christchurch for the ride to Cheviot on Sunday 4th you can choose to meet up in Amberley at the Z station and the folk meeting at the Peg will pick us up on the way through shortly after 10:00 am

Budvar
    Participant

Somebody keen to have a ride around the 17th this month ?

Budvar
    Participant

Friday 24.Feb

Gonna head up the rainbow and after that denniston track and up to karamea may on the way back to punakaiki and back over arthurs pass on sunday

everybody welcome to join this weekend finally good weather

I plan to start after work on friday so probably around 3

enduro0627
    Participant

Hi,
    I am wondering if you have seen the AdventureRidingNZ “Picture Project” for the September motorcycle show.
    Check out the details here:
    Picture project
    Andrew

Astride
    Participant
    • Bike: \'18 CRF250 Rally [Africa Single]

Hey guys and girls!

I’m about 4 months into my first ADV bike and looking for other riders around CHCH that would be keen to ride together?

My skill set is a bit on the shit side as I’m still learning and don’t have a left hand so can’t do extremely technical stuff the requires lots of clutch work/feathering..
    Been on heaps of gravel tracks in/around Banks Peninsula and an overnight trip in a forest on the coast so far and keen for more!

At the moment I ride solo (other mates only have road bikes) and I’m thinking it would be more fun with company – safer too!
    As i’m teaching myself and still got lots to learn. So, when I’m solo (which is always, at the moment) I don’t want to push it very much or go too remote incase I get stuck or come undone..
    Also, would be rad to get tips from others on how to be better on the bike or just someone to chin-wag with at the stops.

Long story short; 27yo dude, Looking for riding buddies for afternoon/day/weekend trips.

As much as I tried to avoid it, when reading this back I get a ‘dating site’ vibe from this.. Not my intention! at least buy me a tank of gas first..

OldBeer
    Participant

Hey mate and welcome aboard. Im not much use as im also exceedingly shit off road so no tips from me. I do enjoy the gravel though. Im also in Auckland.

I watched a couple of your vids and not having a left hand doesnt seem to be slowing you down.

Im interested in the rally. Ive got a drz250 parked in Otago and am thinking of upgrading/changing it. Rally is on the list as is another drz400. What sort of highway cruising speed can you maintain if theres a bit of headwind? My 400s handles that ok while the 250 struggles a bit.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Ps…i got a four man tent. I can almost get the small bike in… Agree that for not much more cost theres lots of space for all the shizzle you end up with on a camping trip

Cheers

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Hey @astride-nz have you checked out Rekluse clutches? My understanding is they are an auto clutch that won’t let the bike stall at low revs and everyone I’ve met with one has loved them.

https://rekluse.com

Astride
    Participant
    • Bike: \'18 CRF250 Rally [Africa Single]

@oldbeer
    It goes well around town and off road.
    Im about 65kg so lucky there..
    On the open road with my camp gear, I cruse at 100km/h but a strong head wind or long/steep hill can take you down to 90km/h or sometimes a bit lower if it’s really terrible out..
    I’m okay with that.
    I’ve read that these bikes are really reliable and many others rack up the open road Km’s on them with out issues so, am happy sitting at 100km/h for big stretches.
    Though, would recommend good pillow top gtips for comfort..

Off road, it’s got a good amount of power for gravel and forest road bashin’.

A huge bonus of the rally is the windscreen and semi decent LED headlight as well as ABS – as I will have slightly more dirt oriented rubber on, the abs is handy on the road in wet/emergency stops (rear can be disabled for sweet skids and backing it in..)

Go find a demo one to throw about and see how you feel ??

@eddieb
    That was my intension but, I was sill to assume the made them for the CRF250L (same motor as the Rally).. Wasn’t untill after I brought the bike that I realised the done almost every dualspot/motocross bike EXCEPT for my bike.. Probably would have gotten a drz400 for that reason had I of known that at the time. Oh well, my dumb fault haha

Brent Walker
    Participant

Hi there I’m a local living in chch. I’m always keen to meet up for rides. I work every second Saturday and get the odd day off through the week… not all weeks but hey I’m keen as most of the guys I know road road bikes or live out of town.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.