fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Canterbury Rides

This topic contains 41 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Kiwiscoot 18 hours, 44 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Astride
    Participant
    • Bike: \'18 CRF250 Rally [Africa Single]

<cite>@kiwiscoot said:</cite>
    I have a Himalayan too and ride on my own. Would like to have some rides with others. I am normally off on Fridays and usually go for a day ride every weekend. Anybody up for a ride coming Friday or Saturday or Sunday afternoon? Kaiwara Road North Canterbury?

Hey mate, I flicked you a private message but am unsure if it actually sent as this site just sits infinitely loading after I send a message.. let me know if you didn’t receive anything – Cheers.

Pat Deavoll
    Participant

I am always looking for people to go with. At the moment I’m not working so can ride any time. Im pretty crap, always looking to learn off people.

Kiwiscoot
    Participant

Hi Astride, I sent you a message.

Kiwiscoot
    Participant

Hi Pat, I sent you a message.

Kiwiscoot
    Participant

Anybody up for a ride coming Friday or Saturday or Sunday afternoon? Kaiwara Road North Canterbury?
    https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/gps-tracks-rides/south-island-tracks/st-leonards-kaiwara-road/
    weather look good Friday thru to Sunday. I can ride Friday & Saturday the whole day and Sunday afternoon.
    Rough plan is to ride to Chevoit, then thru Leader rd to Waiau and the Kaiwara road back east.
    Open to discussion.

Kiwiscoot
    Participant

Pat what are you riding?

Astride
    Participant

@kiwiscoot
    @patdeavoll Haha pretty crap sounds about the same as me..

Any of you lads (and others) feel like going for a ride this Saturday comming?

I know a place to enter the North side of the Waimakariri River that has a few trails off the side and access to the river bed.
    Or
    if that’s not your cup of tea, go to Pigeon Bay and a couple of other gravel roads around that way.
    Or
    Happily open to suggestions, Aslong as it involves unsealed roads haha

Need to boost my ‘skills’ for a trip next month.

Edit: woops, just seen you post Paul after I made this

Kiwiscoot
    Participant

Did not see your message until after I sent mine. Yip Saturday sounds fine with me. You up for Kaiwara rd.?

Astride
    Participant

Yeah mate, lock it in.
    I can also add a couple of side routes to the journey from Remotemoto too, if you want to make a full day of exploring?

Kiwiscoot
    Participant

<cite>@Astride.NZ said:</cite>
    Yeah mate, lock it in.
    I can also add a couple of side routes to the journey from Remotemoto too, if you want to make a full day of exploring?

Yes do, Sounds great. Did you get my contact detail in my message I sent you?

Pat Deavoll
    Participant

I’m on a WR250R and a GS 650. I’m going into the Clarence Reserve on Friday and as it’s a big day from CHCH prob won’t be up for much on Sat. But keen to ride Sunday

Kiwiscoot
    Participant

<cite>@pat_deavoll said:</cite>
    I’m on a WR250R and a GS 650. I’m going into the Clarence Reserve on Friday and as it’s a big day from CHCH prob won’t be up for much on Sat. But keen to ride Sunday

You doing it on motorbike? I see there is a 4wd road. Looks interesting.Actually looks like an epic ride.
    I sent you a message but this site is not that message friendly. My contact number is 027 459 4026

Kiwiscoot
    Participant

OK all welcome Saturday 21/09/2019 leaving 8:30 am @ Repco Cranford St. Route is roughly Culverden then east to Gore Bay and back south. About 300 kms in total from Chch, so full day ride.

Contact me if you want to get an idea of the route.

We can fill up at Culverden and have something to eat there.

C u there.

Pat Deavoll
    Participant

Hi
    Would you come but have a big ride on Friday and may be knackered. I’ll see how I go.

Greg Boaz
    Participant

Hi all. Recently bought a XT250 for a bit of light weight exploring. New to adventure riding but have been riding for 47 yrs. If some one is planning any day rides would be keen. Available weekends and mid week. Like a challange.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.