fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

CCM GP450 Gets Discontinued, New 600cc Model Coming

Home Forums Bikes CCM CCM GP450 Gets Discontinued, New 600cc Model Coming

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Since its introduction, the British-made CCM GP450 has been in a class of its own as a performance-oriented, nimble, adventure-ready machine. With its 276 lbs dry weight the bike has been praised for its off-road prowess.

New GP600 Adventure Bike in the Works

CCM has recently secured the supply of a proven lightweight 600cc engine built by SWM (developed originally by BMW and Husqvarna). The new powerplant is just 22 pounds (10kg) heavier than the 450cc engine and provides a boost of 15 horsepower and 11 lb-ft of torque. Better yet, the 600cc powerplant also boasts a 6-speed transmission.

Read the full article on ADVPulse.com: http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/ccm-gp600-to-replace-gp450/

Attachments:
    Versatile70
    Participant

This looks like my perfect bike. I have been waiting for a lightweight 600 that doesn’t have a banana seat. It looks quite similar to the bmw x country with essentially the same motor I think but much better build. The tank size and positioning is right, great suspension and hopefully upgradeable like the 450. Price will be an issue I’m sure but I think this would be a bike to keep for many years. Roll out early next year but god knows when it will come to NZ, if ever!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.