Charlie Boorman says a third Long Way could happen

Forums Forums General Discussion News Charlie Boorman says a third Long Way could happen

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

While Adventure Riding as a concept has existed since the first motorcycle was built, Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman’s Long Way Round and later Long Way Down trips and TV series are widely acknowledged as the catalyst for bringing Adventure Riding into the public eye, and the subsequent emergence of adventure riding as one of the fastest growing motorcycle segments worldwide.

Charlie Boorman made the announcement on BBC Radio 5 live’s programme with Nihal Arthanayake and Sarah Brett. During the chat Boorman told the presenters: “We always talked about doing a third one, whether that’s South America or somewhere else in the world…”

When Arthanayake asked: “Not the middle east?” Boorman replied with: “Well not at the moment but, you know, everything changes, but you know I’d love to do another one with Ewan and we said that maybe we do it when we’re much older and really grumpy”

Read more at: https://www.morebikes.co.uk/37639/get-ready-for-the-return-of-a-long-way-with-charley-and-ewan-boorman-says-a-third-one-could-happen/

Attachments:

Dave Young
    Participant
    • Bike: KTM 50 SX 2018

I’ve recently finished another reading of the book about their first adventure and there was plenty of “grumpy” in there, so older and grumpier should be quite entertaining. I wonder if they will stick with riding BMW or will KTM come to the party this time?

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Charlie Boorman is a spokesman for Triumph now, so that’s a 3rd option.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.