Christini 450 Explorer

Forums Forums Bikes Christini Christini 450 Explorer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wfouri 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Close your eyes and picture the ultimate adventure bike. What do you see? Something light, reliable, powerful and efficient? A bike that has enough range to take you well beyond the boundaries of civilization, and is so good off road that it can turn an average rider into a hill-climbing, mud-bogging, sand-slinging hero?

The bike is called the Explorer, and it’s built by Christini Motorcycles. While it looks very much like a modified Honda CRF450x, it’s actually got a secret weapon you won’t find on any other production bike in the world: all-wheel drive.

Read the full article at ADVPulse.com: http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/christini-motorcycles-best-dual-sport/

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

@michael_j_breen‘s next bike?

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

not if i don’t get one first!

Wfouri
    Participant

Well this is a bit late to revive an old post, but have recently had some dealings with Christini motorcycles and Edward Brody suggested putting a comment up here.

So a brief history I have an asiawing LX450E copy of a crf450x, it’s so exact that everything Honda will fit, and I recently decided to try and convert the bike to fuel injection using the ecotrons EFI kit. It’s a fairly easy installation of the parts and wiring, the biggest challenges was getting the programming right. Ecotrons are fairly helpful,but they just couldn’t match the settings for my bike, and I don’t know enough about efi to program it myself. So after endless back and forth I eventually contacted asiawing motorcycles who has recently added efi to their production motorcycles, and they indicated that they sell engines to Christini motorcycles who uses the protec efi protocol, same as ecotrons EFI. So I took a chance to email Christini, knowing that it is very unlikely for a US company to help anyone who is not a client. To my surprise the tech support for the company is Stieve Christini, the owner and designer. Explained my situation and he indicated that they too do efi conversion kit’s, and that it’s a much easier kit and smaller. None the less, he has sent me various maps for my motorcycle and they all work! Just doing fine tuning to get the mixture correct, since I fitted a 44mm throttle body, and standard was a 30mm. The moral of the story, the service from Christini is great and what a nice guy to deal with. This seems to be a company that operates to get guys on bikes rather than just for profit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.