fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Coronavirus: Waikato locals breaking lockdown rules at remote bike track

Home Forums General Discussion News Coronavirus: Waikato locals breaking lockdown rules at remote bike track

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

From the stuff.co.nz website

I hope no-one on here was part of this group of muppets.

A group of Te Aroha residents have been regularly gathering at Thompson’s Track, breaking lockdown rules.

…. the group of 40 breaking the lockdown rules include local firefighters, police, and business people.

….. they are also concealing their dirt bikes in their vans and taking different routes so police wouldn’t suspect they are gathering at the track.

D LUCAS
    Participant

im gonna check out thompsons track on way up through coromandel when this covid is all over. must be a good spot.

Unknown User
    Spectator

Hi, I always loved how much NZ is a liberal country and valuing civil liberties. I don’t see the problem with those guys going out riding. I think all of us are familiar with the “my body, my choice” idea. Who are we tho argue against it now? Especially since you can go to a taxpayers funded hospital for assisted suicide, or after a phone call, girls can get abortion pills mailed to them just like candy from TradeMe. I hope no one will comment below like “you are free to do your stuff long as you are not hurting my personal financial/economic interest”. That would be wicked.

ChrisCole
    Participant

Enduro 0627 you are either trying to wind us up or you are a complete knob

D LUCAS
    Participant

if u get into trouble you are exposing yourself to others when u need help. the virus goes undetected. everyone is making sacrifices. best to do your bit and help get this virus out of our country. so we can all get back to normal lives. i can go on… but i think i said enough.

Rob Defire Brassfield
    Participant

<cite>@D. LUCAS said:</cite>
    im gonna check out thompsons track on way up through coromandel when this covid is all over. must be a good spot.

Same, been wanting to do it for a while. I will need to put a more knobby tyre on for it though.

Adventure Moto
    Participant
    • Bike: Husqvarna 701 E

It will be an after winter ride now, there has been enough rain in the last few days that will effectively close it to ADV bikes until November.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.