March 15, 2020 at 11:46 am #32586
In all seriousness I hope you are all taking care out there. I’m 4 days into voluntary isolation after returning from the UK via Singapore.
I started prepping the DR650 for use after a year in storage and the battery still had full charge which was great, but the front tyre is flat and when I parked it up it was 500km overdue for a oil change. I have a filter but can’t get out for the oil and a tyre valve
As well as not being able to get hold of toilet paper, many factories around the world that make motorcycles and parts are shut down so if you are expecting delivery of a new motorcycle there may be a delay.
The Aprilia, Moto Guzzi and MV Agusta factories are all within the area of Italy that’s been shut down and is the current worldwide epicenter of the virus. The Ducati factory is just outside the area but is probably also affected by workers staying home.
Many manufacturers are also having issues as they cannot get the raw ingredients and components manufactured by other companies to complete their products. Helmet manufacturer Davida has said they are affected in this way.
The first 2 rounds of the 2020 MotoGP season in Qatar and Thailand were both cancelled and the 3rd round in Austin, Texas on 3-5 April has been postponed until 3-5 November, other rounds are still not certain to go ahead.
Attachments:March 17, 2020 at 8:04 am #32610
The 2020 Isle Of Man TT has been cancelled. The full news release is below.
The Council of Ministers has taken the decision to cancel the 2020 Isle of Man TT Races which were due to take place between 30th May and 13th June.
The decision has been taken following confirmation that the Island has stepped up its measures to protect the population against the pandemic.
Laurence Skelly MHK, Minister for Enterprise, commented: ‘The decision to cancel has not been taken lightly and all options including postponement and delaying the decision have been considered in detail. Representatives from the Isle of Man Government will now discuss the implications with all relevant businesses, stakeholders and individuals affected by this cancellation, which it recognises will be significant.
‘With the visitor restriction in place for the foreseeable future we wanted to make the decision now to give businesses, visitors and all involved stakeholders time to manage the impact going forward. The Isle of Man, and the Isle of Man TT, are faced with unique challenges regarding COVID-19 and making this decision will provide certainty to teams, competitors, sponsors and stakeholders of the event and to visitors across the globe.
‘The decision also aims to provide reassurance for our residents and healthcare professionals that the health and well-being of the Isle of Man’s residents is the single biggest priority and focus of this Government.’
The Department for Enterprise will, in due course, issue full refunds for all Official Tickets including Grandstand tickets, Hospitality Packages and other Official Event Experiences purchased through iomttraces.com.March 17, 2020 at 10:38 am #32612
KTM have closed their factory for several weeks which means Husqvarna and gas-Gas are also affected, Ducati is also confirmed as their factory being closed.
Brembo have also shut down along with Moto Morini.March 18, 2020 at 9:09 am #32642
CANCELLATION OF TB20
It is with regret that we advise the cancellation of TUSSOCKBUSTER20 (TB20) due to the COVID19 virus and the Government requirement to cancel all events with over 500 people.
Events around the world are moving at a rapid pace, and some countries are moving to total lockdown, and closing of schools while others are moving to the banning of all activities where there are 50 or more participants. Here in NZ, nationwide sporting codes are being suspended until further notice and it is likely more cancellations will be made in the coming days by other organisations.
We are exploring options for the possibility of conducting a modified version of TB20 (each of a smaller scale) over a series of weekends in 2020. This is subject to:
• How the COVID19 virus situation plays out this year.
• Government restrictions on event sizes.
• The availability of zones within the Waiouru Military Training Area.
There are no guarantees we can make alternative events happen- but we will try.
TB20 was shaping up to be a great event, with 1025 pre-entries already received. However, the cancellation is entirely out of our control. This cancellation is disappointing for all concerned but, the strict measures being taken by the government today, will hopefully help contain the spread of the virus over the coming months.
We will provide refund details as soon as possible. We need to hold discussions with our suppliers regarding what pre-paid and pre-committed costs we can have refunded before we can finalise the refunds.
Offlimits is a charitable trust and not a commercial organisation. Proceeds from events such as TB20 go towards grants for the wellness of members of the New Zealand Defence Force. TB20 is our largest fundraiser of the year and its cancellation two years in a row has severely reduced our ability to make grants to those in need.
We will be in touch as soon as we can regarding the refunds. Please be patient- we are a volunteer organisation and we don’t have lots of paid staff who can make things happen in a day.
Stay safe and keep COVID19 at bay.
The Offlimits TeamMarch 20, 2020 at 7:42 pm #32706
The Otago Motorcycle Club’s Brass Monkey Rally committee met last night and have made the call to POSTPONE the 40th and final rally till 2021.
It is very clear the world has a rapidly developing Covid-19 virus which has now reached pandemic levels and we need to, at this important time, follow the guidelines given by the Ministry of Health in relation to public events.
As disappointing as it may be the health and welfare of our club members, families, helpers and ultimately the NZ motorcycling community who make this event possible, takes pole position.
Entries have now been suspended and we wish to advise the people who have already entered online a full refund will be available, another option could be that we roll your entry fees already paid over to the 40th and final rally in 2021.
We have already received a large number of prepaid entries that we need to work through, so please be gentle on us, we will get back to you.
You can contact us on
If you have any enquires.
The committee will reconvene in November 2020 and start preparations for the 40th and Final Brass Monkey Rally in June 2021
Thank you all for your understanding and we wish you good health.
See you all in 2021.
OMCC BMR committee.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.