No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding All things GPS Downloading route files

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nzvizsla 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

nzvizsla
    Participant

Hi all,
    Im planning, albeit a bit bloody late maybe, a central north island adventure bike trip starting 20th April for 5 days for my mates 40th. Both on DR650s. Ive got a tom-tom rider. Anyways, I’m trying to download a few route, one in the first instance, but they keep downloading as .xml files instead of the .gpx files that it says should be downloading. Anyone else have this problem? or is it my Mac computer causing a problem…?

On another note, if some kind hearted bugger wants to email me a pre chosen/riden route we could take, that would be hours of keyboard slogging saved and much appreciated. Maybe ill put it out there on a different part of the forum…

Cheers for any help

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I think it’s your computer, you might need a real one 😉

Which tracks in particular did you try downloading? I can download them on my pc and see if they download correctly or not and that should confirm whether the track is at issue or your Mac.

nzvizsla
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. Well, quite possibly is mac problem as I’ve had issues in the past with internet based downloads.
    However, I’m using https://www.myrouteapp.com and I’ve tried 42nd traverse and forgotten highway downloads with the same zero success. Your help is appreciated 🙂

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Are you using Safari?
    Is the filename ending in .gpx.xml?

I’ve found a few references to this and the fix seems to be to us Firefox to download the files instead.

nzvizsla
    Participant

I am using safari. Will try firefox, thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.