No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Drones – Who's got one?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MarkH 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I know @jonibarteam has one, have you used it for any ADV filming yet?
    @billingtond has done some awesome videos though I can’t find any of them on Youtube now.
    @k1w33d also had one but I don’t know if he still does.

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

Yes I have, not much as I’m still learning.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Nice. I’ve considered getting a cheap one to play around with, with a view to getting a much better one in about 18 months.

Do you know what sort of altitude it was at for the beach shot?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I think I’ve decided on the DJI Spark. I’ve got extensive travel coming up next year and I think the Spark provides the right balance of cost, features and portability for me.

MarkH
    Participant
    • Bike: Honda CRF1000LD

I went with the Mavic Air, still learning it but it is definitely a great drone. I like the 3-axis stabilised gimbal, great for making smooth video. It has folding arms, this makes it great for fitting in a motorcycle top-box without taking up much of the available space.

I looked at the Spark, but decided that I only needed to save for another two or three weeks to go for the Mavic Air and get 3-axis instead of 2-axis stabilisation. The Mavic Air also has longer flight time, better range and better camera (100MB/s data rate).

I have practised with a cheaper MJX drone (MJX B5W) with no stabilisation, there is a huge difference in the video, with every movement of the drone being translated into tilting seen on the video. The cheaper drone cost about 1/6 as much, but regardless of how good value it is, the Mavic Air is a better drone by a very wide margin.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.