fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

DUCATI SCAMBLER DESERT SLED UNVEILED

Home Forums Bikes Ducati DUCATI SCAMBLER DESERT SLED UNVEILED

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

‘Easy off-road’ Scrambler debuts in Milan

DUCATI has just introduced the Scrambler Desert Sled, the second of its two new Scrambler models during its pre-Eicma press conference in Milan.

The Scrambler Desert Sked takes inspiration from the culture of stripping back road bikes and then modifying them for off-road use that was popular in places like Baja, California in the ‘60s and ‘70s.

The Desert Sled takes the Scrambler family into the ‘easy off-road’ sector and features a bash plate (giving the bike its name), plus reinforced frame, new aluminium swingarm, extended travel suspension from 200mm-travel USD Kayaba adjustable fork and gold 19 inch spoked wheels fitted with Pirelli Scorpion Rally tyres.

The bike’s off-road leanings are also visible in the mesh headlight cover, high front mudguard, high-level plate holder, off-road style foot pegs and taller 860mm seat height.

Like the new Scrambler Café Racer, the Desert Sled is also powered by the 75hp air-cooled 803cc L-Twin engine from the Scrambler Icon with new calibration to make power delivery smoother, especially lower down the rev range, says Ducati.

It will be available in two colour options – White with black frame and spoked wheels with gold rims and Ducati Red with black frame and spoked wheels with gold rims.

From: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/new-ducati-scambler-desert-sled-unveiled-eicma

Mike Breen

interesting. That looks like a pretty good compromise for road and gravel

Herman Roose

I’ll wait for this one lol

Mike Breen

it’s still a bit heavy though: 204kg fully fueled up. Wheelbase a bit longer so might be better for two up riding. My wifes Scrambler is a bit cramped with both of us on it. The 8″ adjustable suspension is about bloody time!

Steve Archibald

I wonder who they pay to come up with these names “Desert Sled” LMAO

Mike Harrison

Could b gd for u. Come ride mine sometime b a gd gravel bike low seat height

Edward Brodie

It’s a term that dates back to the 70’s

Shane Newton

Olly Musgrave

Herman Roose

I’ll bring the Mana lol

Team Buffoon
    Participant

So anyone actually tried one off road? I wish Ducati would make a proper Adventure bike and stop faffing around the edges.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.