fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Sidecars Eddie's Sidecar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I also have a sidecar in the garage which needs bolting up to something, possibly an older 4 cylinder 600 shaft drive like an XJ or similiar.

Any suggestions what would make a good tug for it? it would get taken up gravel roads but nothing too knarly.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Are there any welders in Hamilton that fancy a challenge? I want to mate this up to my DR

As you can see I have most of the fittings, but I need a subframe made up to attach them to.

Attachments:

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Something like what’s been done for these, but on the opposite side of course

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Just ordered some arms and things for the sidecar, I’ve got the tube for the subframe on the bike, now just to get it bent and welded up.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Hmmm, all my bits I ordered from Germany just turned up this afternoon.

All I really need is the swan neck and the frame clamps but the only place I could find to source them from individually was Simply Sidecars in the UK, and by the time shipping was included it was going to be almost $1000NZ.

I then jumped on Ebay and found a supplier in Germany that could do the full set for about half the cost as just the swan neck and brackets from Simply Sidecars, and with an extra sidecar frame clamp and shipping included the whole lot landed for $470NZ.

Now to get my subframe built.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

My sidecar build is now being continued on NZ’s only dedicated sidecar site.

http://www.flyingthechair.co.nz/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.