August 22, 2015 at 9:36 pm #9644EddiebKeymaster
Rank: 1200cc Rider
- Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV
A massive explosion and fire that destroyed several expensive motorbikes was likely caused by an electric version that was being charged.
Firefighters were called to an explosion and fire at a two-story house in Parnell, Auckland at about 3.50pm.
An attached garage was completely ablaze when emergency services arrived.
Senior fire investigator Mike McEnaney said the explosion was huge and blew off the garage doors along with an internal wall.
Firefighters arrived at the scene quickly and managed to contain the fire before it spread to the main house, which only suffered smoke damage.
The owner had several expensive motorbikes stored in the garage and they had all been destroyed, he said.
It appeared an electric motorbike that was plugged in and charging could have been the cause of the explosion.
“The owner’s not at all happy about the situation.”
There were no injuries from the fire.
Attachments:August 23, 2015 at 9:51 am #9646Phoenix InflightParticipantRank: 50cc Rider
I heard cell phones are now a common cause of house fires. ..time to chuck those old one to starship recycling charity i think…August 23, 2015 at 10:07 am #9648August 23, 2015 at 7:42 pm #9656Hadrian HaineParticipant
Rank: 650cc Rider
- Bike: 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R
Heard this on the radio this morning haven’t read the article yet, (will shortly) apparently a hole collection of motorcycles destroyed…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.