No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Buy and Sell engine crash bars 2016 kawasaki klr650

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FERMITDEEKROG 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

FERMITDEEKROG
    Participant

hi everyone, after nearly 25yrs, i have finally decided to ride again. i am new to this adventure riding and i have been looking at buying some crash bars for my 2016 kawasai klr650. i have looked on ebay and found a couple i like. the tusk brand is my favourite looking one, but has no lower protection, sw-motech are also another i looked at but dont seem to be as high as tusk, which i would prefer, but does have the lower bar for extra protection. also i have looked at nomad and they look good, they have similar height to tusk and also have lower bar, only problem is they’re out of stock. does anyone know if there is a place in nz that make or sell these types of bars or if i had to buy from ebay, are there any suggestions on what brand would be best. i dont plan on droping my bike but from what ive seen and heard online, nearly everyone has at least once.

Aaron Martin
    Participant
    • Bike: 2016 Africa Twin

If you are planning on taking your KLR off-road at all, then get the crash bars. The left side is especially vulnerable to drops, the radiator is just under the plastic, and only takes a slight knock to cause leaks (I’ve seen this first hand, not on my bike luckily).

I’ve got the SW Motech bars on my bike, and I imported them from Rocky Mountain ATV myself, however I think Boyds Motorcycles can also get them at reasonable prices now.

FERMITDEEKROG
    Participant

Awesome, thanks. I will try boyds. And yes, when I fitted my phone holder/charger, I removed the fairing and did get a fright when I saw the bottom left mounted straight to the radiator. I did like the tusk bars but they are solid mounted and have heard it could cause vibrations. Sw-motech apparently have one end with rubber mounts. Sounds good. Cheers.

Aaron Martin
    Participant
    • Bike: 2016 Africa Twin

Which part of the country are you in? I’m in the Waikato, can show you the bars on my bike if that suits?

FERMITDEEKROG
    Participant

I am in Rotorua, but i work on call and Can never really make plans to go anywhere. Thanks for the offer though. I have spoken to Callum at Boyd Motorcycles and he can get me some Sw-motech bars for me cheaper than ebay. But I really like the Nomad ones. Nomad will have more in Stock this month, so i will just wait and import some from them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.