No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes DIY / custom builds EV450 electric custom bike…charging ahead!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

this is my new EV450 based on a 97 Suzuki GSX600 frame/wheelset/shocks/brakes. Pretty much all the rest is custom. The current batteries are 60Ah, but I am keen to upgrade next year to 180Ah and boost current range of 85km/charge to over 160km/charge. As I am based in the Far north, I need to be able to get to Whangarei for a recharge, and then a similar distance of 150kms to Auckland. Then the bike would be a DD.

The power is 72v and hp is around 50, but the torque is heaps of fun off the throttle because it’s instant. As battery tech improves, I will improve the lighting and the range, but this was my only current chance to get into the Ebike market since most bikes are well over 10k to buy. This bike was sold before it had its EV cert, which was my calculated risk to take, and its passed. So for a few grand, I now have an electric commuter WOOT WOOT!

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Awesome! I’ve not had any luck convincing the father in law to rip the 2 motors out of his dead electric car for a play in a bike chassis yet. The car has been sitting dead for at least 3 years.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.