No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Finlayson Brook Road

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  OldBeer 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

OldBeer
    Participant
    • Bike: DL650, DRZ250, CB500X

New here so not sure if I am putting this in the right place (Eddie please shift it if not) but I rode through Mountain Road, Kaiwaka, Golden Stairs Road and Finlayson Brook Road today. They are all on the unsealed roads map. All pretty good gravel road, a lot of corrugations on the corners but a lovely mix of tight bits, sweepers and long straights. Great views. Virtually zero traffic midweek.

Also did Kaipara Hills Road on the way home, for the first time. It was very nice today.

Mountain Road

Finlayson Brook Ford (presumably)

Looking toward Warkworth on the Kaipara Hills Road

Kaipara Hills Road

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Nice work.

P.S I’ll be working on the page setup shortly to make it wider on large screens so that the pics are displayed larger and will look a lot better.

Scott Livingston
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 DR650

Thanks for sharing. Finlayson Brook is a lovely ride west to east particularly when you pop over the top with a view of Bream Bay. Hope you did not get chased by a dog just after the ford like I did!

OldBeer
    Participant
    • Bike: DL650, DRZ250, CB500X

Haha Nope. Just got a big stare from a few cows. I actually had the bike parked on the ford for about 10 mins while I took some pictures. Nice to ride roads with so little traffic.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.