fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

From the UK buying an Adventure bike in Christchurch

Home Forums General Discussion Buy and Sell From the UK buying an Adventure bike in Christchurch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tranquilo Jonny
    Participant

Coming to Christchurch in December to tour around New Zealand for a few months and I need to find a small adventure bike, particularly attached to my WR250R. I would like to know where is the best place or website to look. I need a bike that will take me almost anywhere, hoping to sell it at the end before returning back to the UK. All suggestions welcomed, many thanks John

bigkuri
    Participant
    • Bike: XR650R

Hi mate, nearly all the bikes are to be found on trademe.co.nz

Just like eBay in the UK – buyer beware and take care 🙂

ChrisCole
    Participant

Yes Trademe is the one but you cannot bid from UK, you need a NZ email address to register

Tranquilo Jonny
    Participant

Cheers for that, never easy but then ………….. if anyone out there has a bike to sell let me know

Brainflex
    Participant
    • Bike: CT110, Husky TE 250, DRZ250, CB500X

Check out the facebook group and ask on there as well.

oghood
    Participant
    • Bike: White Rhino Dr650

@ Chris Cole. Agree, Trademe.co.nz is the main online place to look for bikes for sale here but surely there is no such thing as a “NZ email address”?

Adventure Moto
    Participant
    • Bike: Husqvarna 701 E

<cite> @oghood said:</cite>
    @ Chris Cole. Agree, Trademe.co.nz is the main online place to look for bikes for sale here but surely there is no such thing as a “NZ email address”?

Trade me will verify that you have a NZ address by physically sending a letter to that address with an activation code for the account.
    Therefore no NZ address = no account.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.