Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Bay of Plenty – Hawkes bay – Gisborne Rides

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Bay of Plenty – Hawkes bay – Gisborne Rides

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: BMW R100GS, Ducati Mark 3 250 narrow case

@brett_de_villiers said:
    Keen to get back into adventure riding, used to have a gs1150 and a GSA1200, did loads of week long trips in central and southern Africa. How often di you guys organize rides and I am inclined to go for the Husqvarna 701 ensure as more mud here than what I am use to. Penny for your thoughts before I commit. Thanks.

Welcome @brett_de_villiers

Rides are organised whenever you or anyone else takes the fancy, I’m looking at heading out from Welcome Bay in TGA for a few hours tomorrow morning to explore some local roads before I have to put the bike away for a while.

As to what bike you go for, that depends on what adventure is to you and how technical you want to get.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

So now that I am settled in Tauranga I thought a meet up every so often would be good so that people can meet each other.

Does anyone have ideas on a good place in Tauranga to meet? a pub or somewhere with decent parking that’s open on a weeknight.

brett_de_villiers
    Participant

Keen on that, I am in Papamoa and the island could be a good place. Or the fishing club at sulpar point if that’s more central for everyone.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Tauranga riders drinks get together

June 2, 2021 7pm.

An opportunity for Tauranga riders to get together and meet each other over a few beers.

Location is The Worlds End bar at Fraser Cove shopping centre.
    227-229 Fraser Street, Fraser Cove
    3112 Tauranga, New Zealand

peter manderson
    Participant

Hi,
    I have just joined the group. I’m in Tauranga. Anything happening here?
    Thanks Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.