No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Suzuki Give your DR650 forks externally adjustable preload

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brainflex 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I’ve researched this a bit but haven’t tried it so bear in mind this is all hypothetical until someone does it.

The DR650 forks are 43mm in diameter and internally a basic damping rod design, this means they have no external adjustments.
    Many Suzuki Sports and Sports Tourer style bikes fitted with standard damping rod forks came with fork caps containing an adjuster that when turned moved a rod up and down in the top of the fork, adding or removing pressure onto the top of the internal fork spring.

According to my research some Suzuki Motorcycles with a 43mm staunchion that had these preload adjustable fork caps included the first generation RF900 and early DL650 V-Strom and there maybe others. As long as the thread pitch of the fork caps on the donor bike are the same as the DR they should screw straight into DR650 forks.

If anyone has some spare 43mm preload adjustable fork caps lying around I could give them a try on my bike.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@markh, your next mod?

Brainflex
    Participant
    • Bike: CT110, Husky TE 250, DRZ250, CB500X

This has been looked into on DRRIDERS.com and the thread pitch on the DR650 is different and so Pro Cycle ended up having some made up.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Well there you go, there’s not much out there that hasn’t been done before.

Brainflex
    Participant
    • Bike: CT110, Husky TE 250, DRZ250, CB500X

Other option is adding air valves, some have drilled and tapped top cap to add an air valve. Running 6 – 12 psi with no problems.

http://drriders.com/topic5237.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.