fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Going out from Tauranga

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Going out from Tauranga

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Butler
    Participant

Took my KLR out for my first foray looking for gravel. Headed up into kaimais along the Wairoa river. Went up every gravel road I could find. Good fun. Ended up on Omanawa rd and into a forestry area finally coming to what I thought was private property. However a check on Google maps shows it as Galaxy rd and it goes all the way through to Rotorua area. Any one know this area at all. Google wouldn’t let me drive it, but when I became a bicycle it suddenly appeared as a viable road. I managed to use the Bicycle mode to get all the way through to Putaruru. Might have to go back and check it out again.
    Got to do some decent length up on the pegs for the first time.
    Two things
    !. have a couple of small adjustments to make.
    2. My legs got pretty tired – need to get back into shape.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

Try Leslie/Cecil Road, that runs from Mamaku to near Putaruru, and the South end of Galaxy road T’s off it in the center from memory.

https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/gps-tracks-rides/north-island-tracks/leslie-cecil-road/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.