Going to have to upgrade my GPS due to $2 part

Forums Forums Riding All things GPS Going to have to upgrade my GPS due to $2 part

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Well bugger. I’ve had my trusty Garmin Colorado for 9 years now with no issues.

The Colorado’s menus are accessed and controlled by what Garmin calls the Rock’n’Roller wheel, visible at the top centre of the device.
    The Rock’n’Roller wheel just pops into place and is easily removable, but in the 9 years I’ve had it I’ve removed the wheel to clean behind it maybe 3 or 4 times and it’s never popped out on it’s own, however riding along the Cambridge bypass last week I caught a flash of something black out of the corner of my eye and I looked down to see my Rock’n’Roller wheel had gone AWOL.

I’ve contacted Garmin dealers and searched Google/Ebay/Aliexpress and found that the part cost just over $2US, but because the Colorado hasn’t been in production for about 6 years all spare parts stock seem to have been exhausted.

Dave Young
    Participant
    • Bike: KTM 50 SX 2018

How about a small magnet in a pen cap and use it like a stylus on the blue pad where the Rock’n Roller wheel sat?

YouTube video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSIEI9MrgP0

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Yes I saw that could work, but a bit of a pain when you are out and about.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.