No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion News Google adds 'Motorcycle Mode' to Google Maps Navigation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hadrian Haine 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Google is adding Motorcycles as a transport option to Google Maps navigation along with the existing Walking, Train and Car options. Motorcycle mode was released for Google Maps in India a few days ago and Googles Blog indicates it will be rolled out to other countries in the near future, although Google doesn’t say to which countries or when.

From the Google Blog: https://www.blog.google/topics/next-billion-users/building-india-first-products-and-features/

Two-wheeler mode in Google Maps comes to India first

Another India-first feature is the new “two-wheeler mode” in Google Maps. India is the largest two-wheeler market in the world, and the millions of motorcycle and scooter riders have different navigation needs than drivers of automobiles. Two-wheeler mode in Maps shows trip routes that use “shortcuts” not accessible to cars and trucks. It also provides customized traffic and arrival time estimations. And since so many Indians rely on local landmarks for navigation, two-wheeler mode will show major landmarks on the route so that riders can plan their trip before starting, and don’t have to keep checking the phone on the go

@octopusenvy, this could be handy for you?

Hadrian Haine
    Participant
    • Bike: 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

This sounds great, I updated my Google Maps 11hours ago, sadly still not available for my phone in this country… Weighting excitedly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.