No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Yamaha Hard Super Tenere seat

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Thomson 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pete
    Participant
    • Bike: 2012 Super Tenere

Hi
    I’ve recently got back into bikes and my wife and I both find our respective seats on the Super Tenere bloody hard after only 20 mins or so. We are both squirming around and ready to pull over, we’ve never had this before. Of course she says my problem is the the lack of an arse to start with….so what’s your problem then??? (says I stepping out of arms reach)

Has anyone else found this? And if so what did you do about it? Are there options for making the standard seat more comfortable?

Yesterday I tried the seat at the higher setting but was only on tip toes when coming to a stop.

Cheers
    Pete

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Find an upholsterer, preferably one that does cars. They will know what to do.

Macdonalds Motor Trimmers in Tauranga do great work but probably not much use to you where you are.

Andrew Thomson
    Participant
    • Bike: Super Tenere, Concours 14

I’ve done a couple ot TT2000’s on mine now and have started to realise that the seat is a tad hard day after day…

I got my one second hand and it’s missing the dohickey under the seat for setting the height so I don’t know if this makes it worse or better.

I thinking of getting an airhawk to strap over the seat as they seem to get good press and I’ll also be able to swap it onto my Connie.

PS: butt is still sore after 4,200km in just over a week…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.