fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Royal Enfield Himalayan airbox

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

RMKREH
    Participant

The airbox faces rearward and the bike drowns out in water on 350 mm deep. Does anyone have a fix? Thanks. M.

Graeme Howarth
    Participant

This fella in India has been working on it. May be of some help:~

RMKREH
    Participant

Dear Graeme,

Thank you for the suggestion, but, I am ahead of this chap already and tried making plastic shrouds as he is doing. I also have a cut in half 2 litre icecream container zip tied to the swingarm to stop the water firing forward onto the monshock. None of this works.

My latest attempt is to cut the locating tag off the airbox intake cover and rotate it. I have had it down and forward, and now facing upward. The carb gets enough air either way. I have made a flexible plastic side cover to replace the original to stop the rain falling in, and that seems OK. Now I am awaiting rain so the the ford nearby will fill up agin so that I can try the latest fix.

Feom looking on line, it seems that some individual bikes (like mine) are for aome unknown reason worse than others.

I may buy a DNA Filters item R-RE4N19-01 oiled cotton one. F & N do not make one to suit. Hopefully if water still gets in the oiled cotton will allow some air through. A water saturated paper filter stops all the air to the carb and the engine stops. Cheers, Malcolm.

Graeme Howarth
    Participant

I’d appreciate hearing how you go with this Malcolm, it may come in handy for my one too.

Cheers,
    Graeme

Kiwiscoot
    Participant

I did a bit of a study on this after I dropped my bike in the river doing Omarama saddle in December 2018. Here are my findings. I have never had the issue you mentioned but then I go slow thru water. My home-made UniFoam filer and the Uni pod filter works well for me. See the links below.
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/royal-enfield-himalayan-owners-thread.1253460/page-348#post-37228289
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/royal-enfield-himalayan-owners-thread.1253460/page-562#post-38501901

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.