No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Honda Honda Africa Twin CRF1000 Enduro Sports Concept

This topic contains 36 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michael J Breen 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Honda has unveiled their new Enduro Sports concept bike at EICMA and it sure looks like a dirt warrior. The Africa Twin Enduro Sports concept has been created to expand the Africa Twin family and capture the imagination of customers dreaming of new possibilities for this “Go Anywhere” adventure machine.

As such, with the Enduro Sports version, Honda’s R&D designers have pushed the concept of the CRF1000L Africa Twin to new limits, with a vision for even better off-road ability. The base model has been embellished with several lighter weight chassis parts, derived from Honda’s single-cylinder racing CRF models. The overall look and feel is one of lightness with a sporty attitude.

According to Honda, the Enduro Sports concept was designed to be ‘Queen of the Off-Road’, like no other multi-cylinder machine.

At this stage, the Enduro Sports is just a concept and there are no details yet about whether the bike will ever go into production but the idea of a lighter, more nimble enduro version of the Africa Twin is sure to generate a lot of interest in the adventure segment.

Col Mere

Now thats what I need

Michael J Breen

that’s a looker for sure!

Stefan Innocente

Well, I for one am loving what I’m seeing. But, will the real deal look anything like this concept one???
    Probably not I’m reckoning

Brendan Daly

I reckon you’re right there Stefan. The Africa twin, while still good isn’t quite what the concept portrayed it to be.

Michael J Breen

yep, watered down, bloat added but better than some of the others out there

Feral Matt

Yet to be seen…

Mike Harrison

Looks cool, if they could make it 180 kg or less it would b a contender

Michael J Breen

that’s pretty wishful Mike. Honda reckon the CRF1000L starts at a kerb weight of 232kg. That’s wet with almost full tank so about 30kg to lose. Don’t see it getting anywhere near that. http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/adventure/CRF1000L-africa-twin/specifications.html

Mike Harrison

We can keep wishing… still waiting for the ktm 800 or the Ossa 300 nxt yr

Michael J Breen

Kel Rood

Whoa! Now we’re talking!

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Col Mere

Now thats what I need

Brendan Daly

Ben Allwright

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.