No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Honda Honda Six50 Concept

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hadrian Haine 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Honda didn’t just show off a naked bike with the comeliest I4 exhaust in decades; they also showed off an adventure bike they’re calling the Six 50.

Seemingly based around the same platform as the CB 4, the Six 50 seems to be a repurposing of Honda’s CBR650 engine. That makes sense; Big Red is all about their recycling program these days, raiding the parts bin on almost anything they manufacture. And there’s nothing wrong with that; it keeps prices down.

In fact, it’s surprising this machine hasn’t been confirmed already, and that it’s taken this long for Honda to re-use that 650 motor (it’s currently in the CBR650 and CB650f).

The Six 50 seems to use the same header as the CB 4, but it’s a little more hidden, under bodywork and a skid plate. It has the digital camo patterns we’ve seen on street-based Honda adventure bikes, but this has wire wheels, not the cast wheels we’ve seen on the NC750X and CB500X.

From: http://canadamotoguide.com/2015/11/17/eicma-honda-concepts-part-2-whats-this-another-adventure-bike/

Eddieb
    Keymaster

It strikes me as being more of a modern Scrambler interpretation than a full adventure bike, I still think it’s cool.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Hey @nordieboy, hows your 400cc mutant coming along?

Hadrian Haine
    Participant
    • Bike: 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

It looks great, it looks like a sifi naked streeter to me. It looks cool, but looks like it wouldn’t suit a coat mud and dirt. Like like it! But me it would suit street lights and neion signs reflecting of its shinny bits, while pooping a hi-rise wheel stand down main street on a Friday or Saturday night, or pulling out of the hair on a track day, rather than loaded like a pack mule on a single track mountain pass.
    My opinion and certainly not that i don’t like it, just i don’t like it as a adventure bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.