No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Site Stuff Image upload issues

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

@pjay said: I’ve never had so much difficulty uploading pics on a forum as on this one, but when I suss it out I’ll put some up of my RE..

Hi Pjay

What issues are you having? I have restricted the image upload size to 500kb as images take up a lot of hosting space very quickly but otherwise there shouldn’t be any issues.
    If you are posting an image linked from somewhere else like a photo hosting account there’s no restrictions.

PJay
    Participant
    • Bike: 2015 Triumph Scrambler, 1973 XL250, 1974 OSSA Explorer, 2003 Adventurised Royal Enfield, others

I realise that the site limit is 500kB, which rules out direct uploads – but I usually post through from Photobucket (eg to ADVRider, fishing.net.nz where I’m a moderator, and a couple of others, all without difficulty). The ARNZ site just won’t show the pics. I also failed with an avatar.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@pjay said:
    I realise that the site limit is 500kB, which rules out direct uploads – but I usually post through from Photobucket (eg to ADVRider, fishing.net.nz where I’m a moderator, and a couple of others, all without difficulty). The ARNZ site just won’t show the pics. I also failed with an avatar.

Unfortunately the avatar up load is broken at the moment.I was told about that over the weekend and am still looking at it.

What code do you use for photobucket sharing? can you post one up here?

PJay
    Participant
    • Bike: 2015 Triumph Scrambler, 1973 XL250, 1974 OSSA Explorer, 2003 Adventurised Royal Enfield, others

Adventure RE

Or….

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@pjay said:
    Adventure RE

Or….

Ah yep, the and and others are called BBCodes, which our forum software doesn’t use as default.

If you copy the URL address http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r78/PJay_2007/58b0dd66-5342-4ba4-afcf-27a71b5fe4b8_zps2785e813.jpg

then press the img button at the top of the text box and copy the URL into the window that pops up

That will insert your picture.

In the meantime I will see if I can incorporate the BBCodes into here so you can just cut and paste the Photobucket codes.

Attachments:

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@pjay

I found a plugin that seems to have made at least some of your photobucket pics work, try it again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.