No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Just a littile ride get the blood flowing

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  harrywatson 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Eddiek
    Participant

Got the old 1990 XT600 through the 42nd traverse on Friday left New Plymouth at 05:30 tured of at Ahititi to Ohura then Taumaruni from there to Kapoors road went through relitively good heap of fun back to Taumaruni turned right just past the hospital Kururau Rd to Ohura to waitewhena out to Totoro comes out at top of Mahoenui hill back to NP vary good run great day ride all day back home about 18:30

harrywatson
    Participant
    • Bike: DR650

Can you send us a picture of your bike? Sounds like you had a nice ride.

Eddiek
    Participant

Hi Harry
    I am having problems up loading pictures just look at my profile it shows my bikes that I own

Addo007
    Participant
    • Bike: Dr650se

Sounds like an awesome route, I really like the Waitaanga Rd to Ohura. I’m always keen to get out for a ride, sing out if you ever want company.

<cite>@eddiek said:</cite>
    Hi Harry
    I am having problems up loading pictures just look at my profile it shows my bikes that I own

Eddiek
    Participant

Doing the Raglan run up and down plus other roads if you keen leaving NP early This Friday

Eddiek
    Participant

Went out on the XT Saturday instead of Friday as planed left New Plymouth at 03:45 am to Raglan got there about 08:00ish. We had a couple of problems on way had a wire short out from wear blow the main fuse had no power to bike at all lot to be said about tools, elec tape and cable ties taped up the a finding wire and joined the wires of the fuse to gather till I got to Te Kuiti and put new fuse in and grabbed spars just in case the bike is 26 years old had no other problems for rest of day.
    After we stopped in Raglan for coffee we cought up with some other blokes from Tauranga
    And we left there to had back to NP down the Whaanga Rd, Whaanga Rd, Temata Rd, Te Papatapu Rd, on to the Kawhia Rd on to the to the Taharoa Rd out to the Iron sands then back out to Marokopa Rd to Marokopa for coffee from there to Awakino garage for fuel.
    Back Manganui Rd to Taumatamaire Rd on to stat highway 3 to Totoro Rd To Aria then to Ohura picked up bloke from Hamilton from there to Whangamomona highway 43 Stop for refreshments. Leave their to Junction Rd, Tarata Rd Inglewood back to mine place for late barbecue and some drinks as the others had to ride home on Sunday great ride longe day there was 6 of us on the ride my self and 1 other did about 750Km

Attachments:

Eddiek
    Participant

Photo of my bike striped down for check over after ride to make sure all of the wires are OK for the next ride

Attachments:

Eddiek
    Participant

Hi Harry
    Have sorted photos of my 1990 XT 600

Attachments:

harrywatson
    Participant
    • Bike: DR650

Looks like a nice ride on a nice bike!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.