No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Karioitahi Beach ride

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Check out the event listing: https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/events/239/karioitahi-beach-ride/

Ride out to check out Karioitahi Beach.

As far as I can guesstimate low tide should be about 1:30pm but tide tables aren’t published that far out so I could be wrong.

Meeting and leaving times from Auckland and Hamilton to be arrange in the forum thread.

You must have a beach permit as below!!!!

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

got my permits…wierd.

and u need separate ones for kariotahi and muriwai…

xdodox (R.I.P)
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW G650 X-Challenge

Got both, too.

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

will be nice to see another X at the ride. BTW I know of one going pretty damn cheap if anyone you know might be keen. 2007, 30,000kms, very strong motor (i test rode it, belongs to a mate), he would take $6000 for it.

I got my Britannia Lynx fairing now, but not enough time to install b4 this ride. Shame, its going to look and function GREAT!

octopusenvy
    Participant

Hey this ride is the same day as the DGR (Distinguished Gentlemen’s Ride), so any chance we can ride both? It would mean starting the Kariotahi ride a little later like midday or 1pm? Can’t seem to find out the start times or start locations for either ride…..wait the DGR starts at 10AM somewhere in AKL (secret starting place).

So can we start this Kariotahi ride after midday in order to ride both? Please and thank you!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

This ride is dependant on tide times, and I think my calculations were a bit out. Low tide might not be till about 4.

I’m thinking of getting out there 2ish. high tide is ~10am so by 2 the water should be a fair way out.

@octopusenvy said:
    Hey this ride is the same day as the DGR (Distinguished Gentlemen’s Ride), so any chance we can ride both? It would mean starting the Kariotahi ride a little later like midday or 1pm? Can’t seem to find out the start times or start locations for either ride…..wait the DGR starts at 10AM somewhere in AKL (secret starting place).

So can we start this Kariotahi ride after midday in order to ride both? Please and thank you!

Keith Fenwick
    Participant

Hi Eddie,

I have been away for a few days, is this still on?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

The weather is looking ok so at this stage I’m still planning on going out.

xdodox (R.I.P)
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW G650 X-Challenge

Sry guys. I have to cancel it. Someone need a hand by his move. Hopefully the next time.

Keith Fenwick
    Participant

Ok- still keen. Let me know what the story is later in the week

Rigby
    Participant

I’m keen! And I’ve got the permit. I figured I would go up north to the heads and see what is available in terms of roads and maybe a lunch, then meet at the beach for 2pm. Looks like the roads are all sealed though. Pete

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I’m aiming to be there about 2pm from Hamilton.

I can’t find tide times for Karioitahi Beach specifically but for Raglan High tide is 10:09 and low tide is 16:07 so it shouldn’t be too different from that?

From pictures I’ve seen the beach is pretty flat and shallow so there should be room to ride the beach by then. Are yuou going up to Manukau Heads/Awhitu? I haven’t been up there myself yet.

Rigby
    Participant

Yep, I thought of going to the Orua Bay Beach Camp. Never been there myself. I figure you are about right based on Raglan tides, for 2 pm beach ride and I’ll be heading back to North Shore probably around 3 or so. We could meet up at say 11.30 to go north from Waiuku if that suits.

Keith Fenwick
    Participant

I am coming from manukau so could meet at Waiuku unless it is pissing down as the weather forecast doesn’t loo all that fash

Sharn
    Participant
    • Bike: WR250R

Is there a convoy heading up from the Waikato?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.