fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Kawasaki KLR650 New edition

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  paradisemuso 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Mid year through 2014 the Kawasaki KLR650 is getting a bit of a revamp

From http://www.roadrunner.travel/:
    According to Kawasaki the front fork springs are now 40-percent stiffer with rebound damping now 28-percent firmer. Out back the percentage growth is even higher with spring rate climbing 63-percent and rebound damping 83-percent firmer. These changes should result in improved ride and control over varied terrain as well as a higher load capacity.
    Also new for 2014.5 is a multi-contoured seat. Tapered at the front, this new throne should afford shorter riders a better reach to the ground. The seat widens toward the rear to maintain comfort. There will also be updated paint and graphics to differentiate the New Edition.

kiwi5
    Participant

Is this model going to be available in NZ? Sounds like they have ticked ALMOST all of the boxes. No “Doohickey” fix, still needs engine guards, better handlebar, bark busters and maybe a better bash plate.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

As far as I can tell it’s a worldwide update, but you may have to wait till existing stock is sold through before Kawasaki NZ get any new stock with the updates.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I was at the Mystery Creek Fieldays yesterday and there was a combined Kawasaki NZ/Dealer stand and they had the KLR650 New Edition on display, and the dealer I spoke to started that it was available here.

Mark Claasen
    Participant
    • Bike: 1200GSA KLR650NE WR450 RMX250, DR750,

Have own one for more than 6 months now, great bike and appreciate the adjustments Kawasaki made as required little extra expenditure to make it good, no suspension mods or new seat needed here

Mark Claasen
    Participant

18 months now, Still a great bike (fitted a few bits by now to tweek it a bit)
    Fits the bill well for 90% of my ADVriding needs

paradisemuso
    Participant

I am seriously thinking of getting a 2016/17 klr650, just wanted to know are the thermobob and the doohickey still an issue on this bike?

enduro0627
    Participant

Hi,
    In my opinion, the the thermo-bob was never needed.
    Details are here: https://klrramblers.wordpress.com/2016/07/25/thermo-bob/
    The doohickey is more sturdy on the new edition. I did not change mine.
    Andrew

paradisemuso
    Participant

Hey Andrew, Thanks for the info, I’ll check out the link you gave me.
    Another question if I may, How do you find the bike, is it as reliable, generally good at all things as I have head?

Adam.

Mark Claasen
    Participant

Agree, don’t need those things (unless of course you get bored)

KLR is great all rounder and from from 2014/5 they came stock a lot better set up (harder suspension and better seat)

paradisemuso
    Participant

Thanks Mark, the more I look at it the better suited to what I want out of a bike the KLR seems.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.