fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes KTM KTM 390 Adventure

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster

KTM have just had their launch of the 390 Adventure in India, and as well as sealed and unsealed roads they also included some proper off-road sections for testers to ride with some bikes getting significant air-time.

OldBeer
    Participant

The Overdrive review is one of the best bike reviews I have seen in a long time. Very thorough and no punches pulled.
    Its a nice looking bike and will appeal to a lot of people with a few bob to spend and who like orange bikes. Nice to see a real world test actually on the video with most of the journos stopping on the tricky bits. I’m sure I would be too.

Wonder when its coming to NZ?

Unhingedlizard
    Participant

I have one ordered. Arriving in 2 weeks

OldBeer
    Participant

Was quite surprised to see the selling price at 10k. Same as a new drz400. Interesting.

A bit heavier than the dizzer. But lots of techy stuff it thats your thing. Looks like good value for money. Good luck with your new bike @Unhingedlizard look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Unhingedlizard
    Participant

Thanks!

Yeah the tc and abs are a big draw for me as its a year round commuter/day trip bike. I have a 950 for longer trips.

Sold the 390 duke it’s replacing privately 2 weeks ago so I’m commuting on the big bike right now.

OldBeer
    Participant

While I was waiting for some files to download I was pondering how the 390 and the Himalayan compared to my drz400.

Interesting that they all have more or less the same torque. Surprised that the DRZ is the most expensive.

Attachments:

Unhingedlizard
    Participant

Yeah I’m super happy at the price point the 390 adventure comes in at. I think the g310gs is to thank for that!

The 390 adv is tubeless. There’s talk of spoked tubed 21/18 wheels being offered as a powerpart. My plan is to eventually buy some spoked wheels and a bigger rear sprocket so I cna change out from road commuting during the week to off road knobblies quickly

OldBeer
    Participant

Tubes would be a backward step imo. Changing wheels over for a weekend blat will get old pretty quickly. Dunno about the ktm but the suzuki spoke wheels are heavier than the cast ones. Mind you they are tubeless..

Plus extra wheels wont be cheap.
    Depends what you mean by off road i guess but have you thought about just putting some more aggressive tyres on? I’m a bit of a Shinko 805 fanboy. Fine on the tar and way better on the gravel.

Whatever, should be fun.

Unhingedlizard
    Participant

My 950 only runs on 705 and 805s! Big fan too.

I’ve resisted using the 805 full time just cause the 705 wears better for long distance road work but maybe that will be much better on the smaller bike? Might give that a go before I go for wheels. My off road preference is slow, technical stuff rather than fast or muddy so would probs do fine.

Thanks for the suggestion

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Video from the South Africa release for the KTM 390 Adventure

KTM 390 Adventure | #AdventureMore

The agile entry into KTM's adventure world! This was our truly South African launch of the KTM 390 Adventure.#AdventureMore #ReadyToRace

Posted by KTM South Africa on Friday, March 27, 2020

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Ryan from Fortnine has reviewed the KTM 390 Adventure.

OldBeer
    Participant

I havent ridden one but people who do seem to like them. If the main issue he has with it are the footpegs being tilted forwards then a pair of pivot pegs would sort that out. Given the very low price of the bike (for a KTM) then thats not too much of an ask as we almost all end up modding something.

I disagree with him (waiting for internet driven bolt of lightning to strike me down as I type). For a soft road bike I reckon it could be a good option especially if you are not very tall.

His videos are always good to watch though, whether you agree with him or not.

KA
    Participant

I got one myself. It’s the first bike I ever took offroad. I tried standing up while I was on the beach and it felt really unnatural. Made me think “How the hell do people stand up while offroading??”. Watching F9’s video made sense why I don’t feel comfortable standing on the 390 ADV, there is nothing at all to grip with your knees. Literally just balancing myself on the pegs lol. Other than that, the bike is perfect.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.