fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

KTM 700RR Adventure is coming! (but not from KTM)

Home Forums Bikes KTM KTM 700RR Adventure is coming! (but not from KTM)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

Dalby Moto, a well known KTM dealer in Australia is currently putting together a package where they will be selling brand new KTM690s with their own in house adventure package. The new bikes are built to look like a Dakar bike but all the parts are built in Australia.

The finished product is due to be displayed at the Sydney motorcycle show this weekend and will initially only be available as a complete rolling package though kits will be available at a later date.

The first incarnation used the new 1190 headlight, but after significant testing including a coast to coast trip across Australia this has since been updated to a dual headlight design.

Prices and availability have not yet been released.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

Check out the specs in the brochure from Dalby Moto
    http://www.dalbymoto.com.au/images/stories/otflyers/KTM700.pdf

30 litres of fuel, 138.5kg without fuel, 66hp….

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

Woohoo, i made the forum! Don’t get 2excited, im sure i’ll still b lazy and use farcebook. Anyhow, i ended up with something similar to your sister’s old KTM but a bit newer. I bought a 2007 KTM 525 6days, road rego’d with some good spares/mods. Its replacing the BMW 650xchallenge, but only to get some money back, and to save for a trip overseas next year. Its not as reliable as the beemer, but should be more fun.

And for these bikes, I crave that ADV bike that doesn’t exist, the lightweight adventure bike. Lightweight to me means 100-115kg, but long-distance capable. The CCM450 looks good, expensive, and far away. So I’ll make something work with the 525 🙂 I like this kit above, and will wait patiently to see if the kits come out, are reasonable, and can fit more than just the 690. I think lightweight and slightly less hp is better than heavier and more hp for adv riding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.