fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes KTM KTM 790 Adventure

This topic contains 30 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mmeredith 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author

mmeredith
    Participant

I must say, but I’m slowly falling out of love with the KTM 790 Adventure R.

This is mostly due to the fact that KTM has gone El Cheapo on what is a premium priced bike, for its category.

The current quoted price on the 790 Adventure R is $23,800

Here are a couple of the things that I think could have been done better for that sum of money…

Clutch Lever… cable?! Really KTM?! This must be the about the only off-road aimed KTM using a cable clutch. Heck, even the 65cc kids bike has a hydraulic clutch lever. Where’s the Brembo or Margura?!

Brakes… house brand…
    Once again, where’s the the Brembo’s or Margura’s, KTM?!

If this bike had been launched at about 20% cheaper (around the $19,000 – $20,000 mark), then those cost cuts could have been overlooked.

But the fact that a 1090 Adventure R (with Brembo’s, hydraulic clutch, bigger engine etc) is just 7% more (at $25,500) makes one feel kinda ripped off… doesn’t it?!

Yes, granted it’s a different bike, for different purposes, but surely the fact that it’s supposed to me more off-road orientated than its bigger Adventure R brothers means that it shouldn’t just be a cheaply made Duke 790 shoved into an off-road frame.

The bike still looks awesome, and I’m sure it is far more capable than my riding abilities. I just had higher hopes for it, and especially for that price-tag.

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.