KTM NEW ZEALAND ADVENTURE RALLYE 2017 – SOUTHERN ALPS

Forums Forums General Discussion Chit Chat KTM NEW ZEALAND ADVENTURE RALLYE 2017 – SOUTHERN ALPS

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Joao 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

This event is not an ADVNZ Event. I’m posting here to give the members notice that it is happening.

I’m afraid that this is for KTM riders only… as they limit the bikes that can participate to KTM…

KTM New Zealand is proud to announce our second annual KTM New Zealand Adventure Rallye: Southern Alps, December 3rd – 8th 2017!

Open to Orange Adventure Riders with the following eligible KTM bikes: 640, 690, 950, 990, 1050, 1090, 1090R, 1190, 1190R, 1290 & 1290R models. The Rallye is tailored to suit all rider abilities, from first year Adventure riders up to seasoned Adventure pros.

For 2017, the Rallye heads to the South Island and the Southern Alps region which offers stunning scenery and epic tracks. The adventure starts at the base of Mount Cook, the highest peak in New Zealand, before heading south to Alexandra, Cromwell and Wanaka before coming to a fitting finish in the adventure capital of the world – Queenstown!

Designed with the V-TWIN KTM Adventure range in mind, as well as the variety of rider abilities, the route will include a mix of tar sealed roads, back country roads, gravel roads, high country trails, river crossings galore, and much more! With the assistance of local experts, there will also be exclusive private land that will see riders exploring some truly sensational areas.

The KTM NZ Adventure Rallye is about offering a great experience to our ORANGE adventure riders – and what better way to do that than with an epic 5-days exploring the South Island on your KTM adventure bike. Bring old friends or make new ones, in the spirit of adventure riding, the Rallye is about getting back to the basics.

I’m planning on attending.

More info here:

Joao
    Keymaster

Anyone attending?
    I’m going, now I need to figure out a way to get my bike to the South island without having to pay a ton of money…

Joao
    Keymaster

Sticking to the front as we are approaching the dates.

At this stage I’m thinking about riding down to the rally and riding back up.
    Plan is to leave Auckland at 7am Friday 1 Dec. to Wellington, cross to Picton and reach Christchurch on Saturday the 2n Dec, then leave Christchurch and arrive at Mount Cook at about 2pm.

The ride back to Auckland Starting Saturday the 9th, Sumday the 10th and Monday the 11th Arriving in Auckland at the end of the day.

Any takers?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.