No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes KTM KTM Rally Bikes for sale

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Hadrian Haine 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Here’s a couple of bikes for you @michael_j_breen

2014 (bought new in Feburary 2015 last of the carb Model) ktm 450 Rally Factory Replica, I bought this to do the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge on but had big problems with dehydration so did less than half the event.
    It has done around 700 km in total so as new.
    The bike will come with all the ETRF/ Irratrack cables/brackets fitted a carb vent tube, a few other worth while mods, a brand new still in packet spare clutch (cost over £200) spare air filters, oil filters and oil as well as the MD road book holder and ICO the bike comes with, also the high mudguard, extra looms, etc.

The bike is in England, United Kingdom and Is regestered on a uk number plate.
    Price £18500 (uk pounds)

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/racing-forum-rallye-fleamarket-please-read-rules-in-post-1-first.943373/#post-27152933

KTM450RR for sale
    KTM450RR for sale

Nicely restored ’05 KTM 660RR.
    Only 2 dakar attempts ( ’05-2 days & ’06 – 4 days) Used it for roadbooktrips but wanna quit (i think..)
    Comes with set of spare wheels/extra WP factory rearshock/extra buddy/extra sidepannels (GO!!!!)/extra tires/bag with airfilters/high fenderset etc.
    Price € 10.000,- Bike is in The Netherlands (Europe)
    E-mail info@degaast.nl

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/racing-forum-rallye-fleamarket-please-read-rules-in-post-1-first.943373/#post-27402250

KTM660RR for sale
    KTM660RR for sale
    KTM660RR for sale
    KTM660RR for sale

Michael J Breen
    Participant

I don’t much like all the crap in the fairings; prefer just a small screen so it’s better in the single track. Jeff Iken has the ideal fairing I think. The big fuel tanks are a bonus but skip the rest. The 660R is a fast bike but based on the old 640 motor which is a massive vibrator. Of the two; I’d pick the 450 for sure but if I were to sell my 300 and 690 to replace with just one bike; I’d probably go for either a 500exc or one of the new Husabegs

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Fair enough, I don’t do much single track so the 450 rally fairing would suit my usage. I rode a 640 once and 2 minutes was enough to convince me I couldn’t live with that motor.

Box.a.Bits
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW Supertanker, R80 & Velorex Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

The 660 would be a worthwhile hold, as a former Dakar entrant bike. Pity the price & then landing costs would make it less than viable.

Removed User

<cite>@eddieb said:</cite>
    Fair enough, I don’t do much single track so the 450 rally fairing would suit my usage. I rode a 640 once and 2 minutes was enough to convince me I couldn’t live with that motor.

I remember you ride mine out of the gas station in Taumarunui.
    I felt the same way at first when I test rode the one I bought….BUT, it certainly grew on me and it wasn’t an issue once the feeling from the waist down disappears…
    Geez, what is everyone worried about? A few vibes is healthy..

Mark Claasen
    Participant
    • Bike: 1200GSA KLR650NE WR450 RMX250, DR750,

I had dreamed of one of these but reality and riding around on other bikes says its a dream that would probably not be as good in real life (specially not at 40+K NZ colonthree emoticon ) Dont like doing it but will agree with Michael, this time gasp emoticon

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Here’s another couple, finished Dakar 2016. $19,000US each.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads%2Fracing-forum-rallye-fleamarket-please-read-rules-in-post-1-first.943373%2F#post-28563109

FOR SALE: Identical 2013 and 2014 KTM 450 Rally Replicas. Both just finished Dakar with pro riders (#105 and #106) and no expense spared on daily preparation (KTM parts service access). One started on a brand new engine. The other engine had 1 race day on it, but we replaced piston, rings, and did a valve job before the start anyway. Spare engine also available with 4 days on it prior to new rings and valve job. Both bikes are California street plated and titled. Bikes are on ASO boat back to France and then back to US (March ETA), unless other plans are made.

$19,000 USD or best offer, each

Eddieb
    Keymaster

KTM 660R Rallye for sale in Austria, 9,900 Euro.

http://www.advrider.com/index.php?posts/32393392/

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

I love the dual exausts on these things. I wonder who in NZ could make a header connector that could end in dual slip-on.
    Any one has an idea?

Cheers

Eddieb
    Keymaster

These guys are in Auckland but i don’t know anything about them

http://www.customchambers.co.nz/

Cycleworks have been making exhausts for 20+ years

http://www.cycleworks.co.nz/

@jonibarteam said:
    I love the dual exausts on these things. I wonder who in NZ could make a header connector that could end in dual slip-on.
    Any one has an idea?

Cheers

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Gremlin
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200GS Adventure

Yep, Custom Chambers has done a few jobs I either have, or know of. Good guy, but old school, no website last I checked, deals via phone. Botany Honda also sends work his way.

edit: Holy shit, he has a website! http://www.customchambers.co.nz/

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Hadrian Haine
    Participant
    • Bike: 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

After watching Lyndon Poskets “Blazing through Baja” I have dreamed almost nightly of a Posket Racing equipped KTM 450 Rally. The sound of that full Akropovic when the 2ndrys kick… What a sweet sweet evil sound.
    Truth is unless I get rich, or become an excellent ruder and become sponsored it’s just a dream, but one I wake smiling from. And the sound and feel of my current 450 is certainly great enough!

Unfortunately I don’t know the name off the top of my head but one of the Ozzy Husaberg guys is getting a custom exhaust from a Hawks Bay company, he asked me if I knew of them, as is using them for his street fighter build. (because you only put a Akropovic or a Barret, on a Berg) Joao If your still looking for a custom exhaust I can ask him for the name.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.