fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

looking for a new bike

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat looking for a new bike

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hamish Percy
    Participant

Hi guys, im 17 and new to adventure ridding, I have raced motocross for a few years now and done a lot of enduro and trail riding. I currently ride a gas gas pampera 450. I am really wanting to get into adventure ridding but the gasgas isn’t very adventure friendly at all, first gear is really tall and it is strung out to pull 100-110km on the open road, to get it to pull the 100-100km I have put the smallest possibly rear sprocket on the rear, and biggest possible on the front…. in doing this it has made first gear very tall, so long story short the gas gas doesn’t do what I want it to do. im looking for a bike with similar engine displacement but that has a wide ratio gearbox so it isn’t working so hard to pull 100km. ive been looking at yamahas wr450f, does anybody have any suggestions to what bikes are out there that are suitable for the more challenging adventure rides?

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

Hi @hamish-percy,

the WR250R seem pretty good. I was riding with one in the weekend and it was pulling 120 fine, I’m not sure about the 450.

Eddie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.