fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Looking for New Adventure Gear

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Looking for New Adventure Gear

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ADV77
    Participant
    • Bike: 2019 KTM 790 Adventure R

Looking for a new adv jacket, pants, gloves and boots. Any suggestions, considering mid range price. Looking at the Rev’it Sand 3?
    Thoughts ?

OldBeer
    Participant
    • Bike: R1200GS, DL650, DRZ250, DRZ400S,

I bought a Sand 2 jacket last year on a run out deal from Motomail in Auckland. I think its essentially the same. Im very happy with it. With all the layers in its a bit clumsy but through winter i just used the waterproof layer and that was enough. In summer i really like the amount and size of vents. The lower half of the sleeves is basically all vent which is excellent. Maybe not so good if you come off but pretty good for hot days. Happy wearing this jacket when i would normally my mesh jacket. For super cold days i just put a rain jacket over the top of the Sand and im toasty. And dry. Pants are ok but not as versatile as the jacket.

Ive got a pair of Forma Adventure boots. Pretty confortable and havent leaked yet. Although i did manage to fill them with water going down TePaki stream. Kind of waterproof testing as all the water was still in there when i got to the bottom of ninety mile beach.

Gloves..in my limited experience..if they are really waterproof then the lining will be a b****h. If the lining doesnt come out when you take them off they are probably not waterproof. Consider a pair of realky lightweight overmitts to keep dry. These are difficult when you get into any kind of technical riding but theyre ok on the tarseal.

Hth

OldBeer
    Participant

Afterthought…Ive yet to test it on its own in serious rain as i suspect the many vents will result in a few leaks. If it’s going to rain i put a thin rain jacket over it. So far so good.

ADV77
    Participant
    • Bike: 2019 KTM 790 Adventure R

Hi OLDBEER,

thanks for the reply to the question, going to head out on Saturday and check the stores out to see whats good and comfortable. Also, looking at this jacket entry level prices with good reviews so far.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/3251/81447/A.R.C.-BattleBorn-Adventure-Jacket?c=615

OldBeer
    Participant

That jacket looks good. With the sand jacket I had to buy the back protector separately = more cost. With that its already there. Venting not as good though. If you already have a Summer mesh jacket maybe not an issue.

Would be interested to know what that ends up costing landed here. Shipping from the US can be expensive sometimes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.