No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Suzuki Looking to buy a DR650

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bart 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Briggs
    Participant

for the past month i’ve been trying to decide between a DRZ or a DR and after deciding that i do want to travel more and do less technical stuff (i really want to get into MotoCamping)
    also thinking about doing a trip down to the south island since i’ve never been.

one thing i really wanna know is how many k’s is too many?
    few bikes im looking at atm have 30k and 50k
    and looking to spend around 5-6k

sorry if this wasn’t enough info.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Based on what you say above I’d say go 650, but them I am a little biased.

@mark_wareham has one for sale with lots of bling

Briggs
    Participant

i should probably also mention im 5’8 and pretty slender like 65 kg’s will this be much of an issue with the 650s extra weight?

ApewithHumour
    Participant

0272672340…..:)

bart
    Participant
    • Bike: DR650

I’m a couple of inches shorter than you (and a bit heavier…all muscle…not). I have a DR650. You have the option of lowering these easily. I have mine at full height as I don’t want to lose suspension travel for the rough stuff. I don’t have any problems with throwing it around until I get in the real rough stuff where I have to dab a foot (tight single track/river crossings).

The DRZ400 is a little harder to lower. You can get a ‘dog bone’ thing for the suspension. I just wound the spring off on mine which wasn’t really ideal.

30k is getting up there for a DRZ400 but not too bad for a well looked after DR650. I probably wouldn’t look at one over 50k, but that’s just me.

A lot depends on what you want to do. If it involves over 50% road (gravel included), go the 650.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.