fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Luggage – what is best?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sandra Thomson
    Participant
    • Bike: V-strom DL650A; BMW F650 GS (husband\'s)

I have a 2017 DL650A v-strom (high exhaust) and am wanting to kit it out with soft (?) panniers or throw-overs. Looking for suggestions as to the best options/product. I’m currently veering towards Kriega but the more research I do I see so many options are available – but sadly the many options are not stock-standard in New Zealand.

Hunia Rangi
    Participant

Mosko Moto make a great range of quality products, I ordered directly from their website and had it couriered to NZ from USA. Got stung with GST on product and freight which made a pricier option. I have bmw hardcases that I use on long extended tours but was after a lighter (and narrower than cylinder heads) option for shorter more hardcore rides. Ended up getting scout 25 which has a hard mount and 25litre waterproof removable roll bags each side. 50 litres total storage and usually ditch top box when I use them for great handling off road. Can filter through traffic and is a huge difference riding with them compared to hard cases. Strong quality fully waterproof gear, Mosko Moto make the BMW atacama soft luggage but buying direct from them gave better selection and value.

Sandra Thomson
    Participant
    • Bike: V-strom DL650A; BMW F650 GS (husband\'s)

Hi, yes I’ve been having a look at the Mosko Moto range and they do look good. Always nice to have other people’s opinions.

Muzz67
    Participant

Used one of these for 3years, getting a bit shabby now but still waterproof and zips all work.
    Excellent value for money.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/parts-for-sale/panniers-bags-carry-cases/listing-2782120149.htm?rsqid=3b35e6e2a95c445fa0701103f661d054-005

ADV77
    Participant

I use the kriega os platform bags. They are pricey but come with a 10 year warranty, very hard wearing bags highly recommend them.

Daniel Fisher
    Participant

Also use the Kreiga OS system. Can’t compare to likes of the giant loop or other throw-overs as have no personal experience but I am quite happy with them. They can be on/off the bike very quickly and being able to customize the size of the bags you need is a good plus (this is a longer process than just strapping the saddle to/from the bike though.)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.