No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Riding Skills & Safety Lyndon Poskitt Dakar rider is here.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ApewithHumour
    Participant

Lyndon Poskitt is in the country riding Basil!
    If you do not know the man, he is from Manchester UK and is riding the world AND racing on his bike Basil!
    and not just any bike….
    He finished the Dakar 2013 and did it in style, 46th overall in the bike category and in Stage 8 was and 9th across the line for the bikes!

Ever wondered what the road books, the compass, the riders ability to navigate AND is all about?
    Here is a good indication of what you have to concentrate on when riding at close to 165 Kph in a competition!

Lyndon Poskitt rider

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Yeah he was in Hamilton a few days ago and I invited him on our Central Plateau ride but he was heading straight down South.

ApewithHumour
    Participant

They went on the ride last week and the speed he rides? He would have found it a tad slow….
    The guys I know went and they were very fast! I hear they rode so fast, the dust cloud from State Highway 43 caused diversions from aircraft heading south…:)
    True….he he

ApewithHumour
    Participant

Lyndon riding Dakar 2013

Stage 8 Lyndon finished 9th overall in the bike category, pretty awesome! I think he finished 46th overall in 2013. He is meeting up with our own Chris Birch later on in the month and also giving a talk down in Dunedin for the Otago Motorcycle Club.

ApewithHumour
    Participant

This is just filling up a space where I tried to upload a video but no joy. How is this done then, a link to You Tube or similar. The link comes up only but not the screen of the video?

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

You should be able to either just paste in the Youtube video URL. The site isn’t set up to host videos as file sizes for videos are just too huge. We could cater for a million posts or a thousand images for the same file size as one 15 minute video.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.