No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Minimalist 250 Tour – March 2016

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  guypowell 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

guypowell
    Participant

Hi, I am new to dual sport and fairly new to NZ. Based in The Kapiti. 45 yr old fella from the UK.

Did some ‘green lanes’ on my old CRF 250 some years ago.

Starting out here on drz250 – wanted small enough to explore forest trails etc. Busted my thumb on an organised trail ride last year.

Now loving the back roads. 42 traverse last year was cool, kiwi road rocked. Recent trip around Wanganui river road and turakina valley road, swimming in the river to cool off in the middle of the day was a joy.

Looking to meet up with other minimalist tourers (especially any local to Kapiti) – planning a two week tour from March 4th, first week North island kings country, gentle annie etc, second week rainbow and molesworth plus some add ons. Mabe not very adventure riding but seeing the country off the beaten track.

Cheers all.

Guy

Addo007
    Participant
    • Bike: Dr650se

Hi, I’m in Taranaki and ride a klr250. New to this site as well but would love to get out and do some more back roads and tracks. I’ll have a look at my work roster (I do shift work) and see what March looks like. Hopefully I’ll be free for at least some of it. Mark

guypowell
    Participant

Nice one Mark. Some awesome roads your way. Hope your roster gives you the time.

Guy

Phil Johnston
    Participant
    • Bike: Kawasaki Sherpa 250cc

Hi Guy

Just saw your post and I’m keen to tag along.

I’ve just purchased a Kawasaki Sherpa 250 in Wellington and plan to pick it up in the next week or two.

Are your plans to ride in the North Island still happening? Starting 4th March?

I’m in Christchurch so need to organise flights etc.

Cheers

Phil

guypowell
    Participant

Hi there Phil, be great to have you join us. Actually plan to leave Wellington area on the 8th now. Work thing came up. Few days in lower North Island before ferry to south for rainbow etc.

Have you got some luggage for the bike?

Planning on some doc camping between the bunk houses.

Give me a call if you are keen. 021 0433 955

guypowell
    Participant

Hi minimalist riders——

Update. I’ve mangaed to ditch work stuff and am now free to adventure from March 2nd. Heading north through the back roads of the Wairarapa to start- route to be determined depending on who’s in.

G

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.