No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Mobig Vented Motorcycle Pants – DX Mail riders wear them

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

These are/were my most favorite motorcycle pants I’ve ever owned. They are Mobig brand and I think I paid about $120 when I bought them at TSS Motorcycles maybe 10 years ago. The story I was told was told was that they were made locally for NZPost riders, I tried to buy another pair about 5 years ago and nobody could get them.

They are now worn out, there’s a ripped leg seam, several zips are broken etc and I haven’t been able to get a replacement.
    They have the usual knee armour and hip padding and what really made them great for me is that the thigh and leg lengths fit me perfect and they are fully mesh vented in the front thigh and lower leg and so are fantastic for wearing in warm weather, or indeed any weather with a rain pants over top without broiling in my own sweat.

Fast forward to yesterday and I’m wandering around Hamilton on my lunch break and I spot a DX Mail rider on his postie bike, and he’s wearing a brand new pair of these! It turns out Steve the DX Mail man has also been drooling over the new Africa Twin so we got talking and hopefully he will turn up on here soon. Hopefully he’s also going to be able to find out where I can get these from.

oghood
    Participant
    • Bike: Dr650 white rhino

Hi, cool – they sound good, hopfully you can find the supplier..
    Need some pants asap however … any experience with cnell?? Or got recommendations for other stores.. (around auckland / dont want to wait for online)
    Olly

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Sorry I’m in Hamilton so aren’t up with the Auckland bike shops but Motomart usually has a good selection

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I stopped a DX rider going down our street the other day for a closer look at these riding pants and they have Speed-X branding on them. I’ve googled Speed-X and can find listings for a couple of different model pants but not these ones.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.